Online lending is getting more and more popular as of writing. With that, the competition between online lenders is also getting closer. So, to keep your business up with the game, you should look for new personal loan marketing strategies that can help you this 2020.
To help you come up with a great business plan, here are four of the best marketing ideas you can put into action today and see the progress of your lending business in no time.
Optimize Your Website for Mobile
In today’s time, over three million people are walking around with smartphones in their hands. With this significant figure in mind, do your lending business a favor and get your website optimized for mobile at this instance.
With the help of AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages — an open-source initiative from Google —, it will be easier for you to generate mobile-friendly versions of your content. When a standard webpage has an AMP equivalent, it builds a link inside the source code. As a result, webpage content can load faster on a mobile device.
Moreover, AMP gets support from a wide variety of platforms and is compatible with all major browsers such as Google, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and more.
Use Content Marketing
Another smart strategy to bring in more leads to your lending business is by leveraging content marketing. More than half of the people expect brands to equip their websites with valuable and helpful content, so be sure to put that into account.
Concerning this, you should entertain your audience by telling helpful stories, providing relevant information, writing timely content, and suggests valuable solutions. You may also create unique experiences with high-quality blog posts, downloadable whitepapers and videos, e-book, press releases, infographics, and other details that are appealing to your clients.
Moreover, skip the idea of flooding your website with contents about your services and the likes. In other terms, don’t feed your readers with stories as to why you’re the best option for a loan. Instead, write about something that will be of interest to them.
With that said, you can create content about how they can save money or any current topics related to refinancing.
In addition to that, here are some of the relevant ideas that you should cover:
- Tips for managing debt
- How to improve your credit score
- Repayment strategies and which debts to pay off first
- The relationship between personal health and poor financial health
- How to create a budget and more
Keep an Eye to Your Online Reviews
Online reviews are a powerful voice that can change the way how people view your brand. In fact, more than fifty percent of the audiences will tend to ignore the lending business if it had negative feedback regarding their loan services and received less than five-star ratings.
The reviews posted on sites such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Yelp can make or break even the most cautiously crafted marketing campaigns. With that said, it is essential for any business to monitor the feedback given to them online — whether it’s good or bad.
However, if you read negative reviews about your brand, don’t panic! Consider that as a challenge and an opportunity to do better. To help you handle complaints and negative feedback, here are some helpful tips for you:
- Respond immediately. Your clients will appreciate it if you will give your response quickly. This also shows that you truly care about your brand.
- Don’t hesitate to apologize. Before you come up to a solution, you should apologize to your client first for causing trouble or miscommunication.
- As much as possible, don’t get defensive. Getting into an argument with your client who reacts negatively to your lending business is a big NO, NO! You should stay positive and look for any possible resolutions.
- Be Genuine. When you respond to negative reviews, you should be genuine and apologize sincerely.
- Discover the matter privately. It would be best if you handled the complaints from your customers in private. Of course, it is essential to leave a public comment on the negative reviews written online. Still, after that, you should ask your customer to talk to you via a business phone number or customer service email address.
Do Email Marketing
One of the most known strategies to market your lending business is by Email Marketing. However, this method isn’t always effective. There are the dos and don’ts to consider to get the most out of this marketing strategy. Here are those:
- Create an engaging subject line.
- Include a specific CTA or Call-To-Action towards the end of your email.
- Keep your marketing emails engaging and clear.
- Put together a targeted email list.
- Try out A/B testing
- Use spell-check.
- Create a positive user experience or UX.
- Don’t make sales pitches out of your emails. Over promotional email campaigns are no good for your branding
- Avoid using words that will set off spam filters
- Avoid making use of unbranded anonymous, or generic email addresses
- Don’t prevent people from unsubscribing
- Purchasing a list of email prospects
Email marketing can be a great help in garnering brand awareness and gaining new clients. However, sending off emails without a concrete game plan won’t do you any favors. With that in mind, make sure to create a flexible email strategy that will reach the right target audience with the right information.
Getting new leads and client engagements isn’t simple. And, keeping existing ones is usually even harder. The smart strategies suggested in this article are just some of the ways you can do to keep your online lending business going and get skyrocketed sales this 2020.
Karla Lopez is a self-supporting business management student who loves to cook and read books. She works as a freelance writer to support her studies. Karla usually writes articles about business, finance, digital marketing, and SEO.