When you create a website for your Shopify store, one of the essential things to do is to create a landing page. This is a page that is displayed as a result of clicking on a link. It plays a very important role in the marketing process. Most online stores are using a landing page rather than the home page of their website. The article tells you how you can create a great landing page for your Shopify store website.
You can use Product collections to create a landing page for your Shopify store.
The Importance Of A Landing Page
A landing page is an important consideration when you create a website. This is the first page people see when they land on your website or your online store. What they see here should impress them enough to continue to shop. Ideally, they need to see something of interest that will make them want to learn more about your products and buy. Some stores use a product page as the landing page.
Studies have shown that a majority of users who land on a page other than a products page are less likely to bounce, meaning that they will not leave the website. It is important to create a unique landing page for Shopify and not the regular product listing page since studies show such pages may not hold interest for users.
Studies have shown that 52% of users are likely to bounce from a product detail page as compared to 20% who bounce from some other page. It is clear that it is not a good idea to show a product listing when users visit. A unique landing page is required.
Creating A Landing Page For Your Shopify Store
Whether you create a website or not, it is important to have a landing page for your Shopify account. You can through the following that will tell you how to create the best landing page:
1. Using Collections
You can make use of the Collections option available on Shopify to create an attractive landing page. A collection is nothing but a group of products. When you showcase your collection it tells customers all that you are offering, which may be of interest to them. It is different from a product page.
If your target audience is women, then you can create a special women’s collection that showcases all the products that you have for women like clothes, jewelry, and other accessories. It helps a visitor find everything she is looking for in one page.
You can make collections of any type depending on what your customers look for. For example, you can have a collection of Products under $50 or new products. This helps customers to get to know about your products without having to search using filters. The data from past customer searches and purchases can help you prepare these collections. This will also help you sell related products to a customer who came looking for a specific product.
Here is how you can do it:
- Select Products from Menu and then choose Collections.
- Create collections by adding products automatically or adding them manually, depending on your preference.
- Add a page title and make sure you use SEO in the content.
2. Use Apps to create a landing page
There are apps that can help you create an attractive landing page. Here are a few of such apps:
- Shogun is an app that has a visual editor you can use to create a landing page. It has a drag and drop interface that makes it easy for you. There are thirty ready templates available. You can resize images to create a page that loads fast.
- GemPages is an easy to use landing page builder app. You don’t need to know coding to use this app. It has fifty ready templates to use. It has all options you need to create a great landing page.
- Hypervisual can help you create a landing page that really stands out. You can create full screen pages and get Google Analytics integration. It has easy pricing plans.
3. Keep the following tips in mind
- You can keep these tips in mind while creating a landing page:
- The design must match with that of your ad and other promotional elements.
- Try to use testimonials from customers on the landing page.
- Project your branding through logo, colors, and images on the page.
- Use high quality images and meta titles for the page.